Kate, Moriya, Brynn, Lex, Bryan & Meg

Kate, Moriya, Brynn, Lex, Bryan & Meg

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Our trip to India

What an amazing place! Pictures just don't do justice to that which we experienced. In looking back over the pictures, we wish we could have better captured all that we saw.

Taj Mahal







Train ride to the Taj



Fred, Janet, and Moriya in an auto rickshaw. For the most part, this was our way of getting around. We would barter for the fare and end up paying 20 to 4o rupees. Depending on distance. (That's $.40 to $.80) Not too bad!






There were dogs everywhere. They mostly slept during the day.




The women work right along with the men.






We rode this camel. The battery died right after this picture was taken so we were unable to get a picture of us on it.

Elder and Sister Weeks


Moriya asked if she could take their picture.

Bryan got an Indian haircut and a massage afterwards. Total Cost $2.60. That masseuse worked Bryan over...he's still talking about it!




We went to a lot of marketplaces, here is one example.






The world famous Karim's. Moriya can testify of this. Her rumbling stomach for a week after we got home won't let her forget the place (Bryan wimped out on eating much there and his stomach thanks him for it).

Old Delhi


Spice Market in Old Delhi

Old Delhi

Old Delhi

Old Delhi

Wonderful Afghani family that has us over for dinner. The food was excellent!















Moriya had her hands painted (henna).





Mother Teresa Orphanage

11 comments:

Amy said...

WOW!!!! That is all I can say! WOW! How incredible! That is so neat you went over there! WOW!

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

Finally!!! I was checking the blog everyday just waiting for these pictures!!! That is awesome! You guys looked like you were able to pack in tons of stuff while you were there! AMAZING!!!

Story Family said...

AMAZING FOR SURE!! How NEAT! What a tremendous experience. That picture of the orphanage....made me tear up a little. I'll bet you wanted to take home every one of those kids.

Jenessa said...

I want to ride a camel!!!

Kascia and Travis Lybbert said...

I have been checking your blog everyday too, just like Rox, WAITING for these pictures!! They were worth the wait!! They are so cute! Rye, you look BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so glad you guys made the trip! That was so great of you. And Rye, I got the scarf! I love it, it is beautiful. I've been wearing it in my hair and Travis thinks it's really cute! :) THANKS!!!!!! I love your hand painted pics.

The Merricks said...

Amazing pictures! I love the henna and also your clothes. They look so colorful and comfortable!

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

I too was touched by the orphanage pictures! Your henna arm looked so cool, how long did that take? Was it a law that all the women have to wear scarves? Just curious. Amazing pics, good job Bryan

Darling Family said...

How great that you guys got to go on such an amazing trip! You look so pretty, Moriya!

Stephanie said...

What an exciting adventure!! How long have your parents been there?

Tuesdee said...

That is so AWESOME!!! That looks like the most amazing adventure!! Loved all your pictures!!

Cari J said...

What a cool trip!! Love the pic of you guys by the tree, your henna, and the orphanage :) Looks like your trip was awesome, though I could have guessed that with the way you've described it :)