Kate, Moriya, Brynn, Lex, Bryan & Meg

Kate, Moriya, Brynn, Lex, Bryan & Meg

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

When one door closes...



One evening Dad gets a phone call at work about the pet fish. On the phone he hears crying, then "Dad, Bubbles died!" Some more crying occurs and then instantly the crying stops followed by, "Dad, can we get a hamster?" A few days later someone left a hamster in its cage in the Wal-Mart parking lot with a sign on it "free to a good home." The employee that found it didn't want it, but felt bad for it sitting out in the heat. Bryan reluctantly said he would take it. Surprisingly, it has been a great pet and the kids have loved it. Hopefully Lex has learned his lesson and will be a little more gentle after being bit on the finger at 6 AM the other day! Lex's parents loved waking up that early to a crying kid and a little blood spot trail up the stairs. Fortunately a band-aid was all that was needed.

6 comments:

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

We'll miss Bubbles! The kids enjoyed having the only kind of pet we'll have at our house for a weekend, A GUEST PET! Good job on the blog, Moriya. (WINK, WINK)

Nicole said...

Sorry to hear about Bubbles. Good luck with the new pet!

Kascia and Travis Lybbert said...

WOW! I'm very impressed. You've gone from fish to rodents! This is a BIG STEP for ya'll. I can't wait to see what the next pet will be. Not that I want the hamster to die or anything...but we still do have a puppy if you ever get the courage to take that step. Anyway, I am sorry about Bubbles.

Thanks for posting. KEEP POSTING and don't take forever to do it again!!!! OKAY??? I like to see what ya all are up to! COME VISIT US IN TEXAS TOO!!!

Liz Prisbrey said...

How sweet! Leave it to kids to mourn one pet the first minute and beg for another one the second.

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

Moriya and Bryan,
Mom, Dad, and me just read your blog (when one door closes...)and, sorry to say, we are cracking up. It is not good to laugh about Bubbles. I know how that is, because I almost started to cry over our pet lizards (Scratchy and Jasmine). Your blog is just cute. Mom wanted to say your family picture is the cutest one she has seen. I clicked over to leave a comment, and we read the one by Natalie, and started to crack up again. So cute that even their family will miss Bubbles. Sweet. I am glad you told the story about the hamster. Thanks. Also, sorry Lex. How is your finger doing?

Story Family said...

Oh what fun! Maybe I can convice Weston that he doesn't really need that dog he's been pining for the last four years. A hamster will do just fine!